Mac users don’t have an opportunity to upgrade their computers. That means that adding more RAM, changing hard drive, replacing a video card, updating audio and video hardware on Apple’s Macintosh computers is almost impossible.
On the other hand, this is not a big problem for Mac users. In reality, the vast majority of Apple’s consumers don’t need to upgrade their computers. So, it makes no sense to create these types of expansions for Macs.
It’s also important to note that Apple’s products come with high-speed Thunderbolt ports that make it possible to integrate the computers with various external add-ons when such a need arises. Mac users can easily take advantage of these add-ons to get more difficult tasks done with their machines. So, forget about serial ports. These times are already in the past.
On the other hand, there are Mac users who need to get their computers upgraded. However, as we have already said getting this type of computers upgraded can be a hard task. So, these consumers face a lot of challenges. If you find yourself in a situation like this, the only thing you can do is to purchase the more advanced Mac.
Upgrading the Apple’s Macintosh computers is not an option. Also, not everyone can spend too much money to buy the new Mac. So, the big question is – what to do if you need more than Apple can offer to you? That’s one of the reasons why so many individuals start thinking about building a so called Hackintosh.
Pros and Cons of a Hackintosh System
Like any technology, a Hackintosh has its own advantages and disadvantages. And of course, you need to know about them. Today, we’ll tell you about the pros and cons of this technology and walk you through the process of building a Hackintosh.
- A Hackintosh has plenty of room for flexibility. It’s possible to use the OS X operating system on the standard PCs. You can also run OS X on notebooks. With a Hackintosh, you’ll find it easy to upgrade your device. Finally, you’ll be able to build the operating system that will meet your needs in the best possible way.
- A Hackintosh is a cheaper option. It’s pretty clear that Macintosh computers are expensive. If you are interested in purchasing the cheapest Apple’s Mac Pro, you must be prepared to pay at least $2500. And of course, not everyone can afford to buy such a computer. Lots of people are interested in exploring cheaper options. In this case, a Hackintosh will become an affordable alternative to an expensive Mac.
- A Hackintosh is a better solution in terms of graphics. In most cases, improving graphics on Macs is no easy task. The reality is, only several innovative Macs come with the replaceable graphic cards. Other models obviously lack good graphics and, most importantly, users can’t change anything. If you choose to build a Hackintosh, you will have a large selection of graphic controllers. So, you’ll find it easy to build a PC that will fit your unique graphic needs.
- You may find it difficult to integrate your hackintosh with some Apple’s applications. Even if everything is working fine on your hackintosh computer today, it doesn’t mean that you’ll not have any problems in the future. With a hackintosh, you must be prepared to deal with unforeseen problems anytime.
- You may also experience difficulties after Apple’s apps have been updated. All updates are tested on Apple devices. However, updates can negatively affect the work of your hackintosh computer. It’s pretty clear that Apple is creating its updates without a hackintosh system in mind. That’s why the software may simply fail to work on your hackintosh computer after updates. If these kinds of things happen it may take you too much time to fix the problems. So, you must be careful about updates. Before trying any updates, you should check what others say about them on hackintosh forums. This will help you prevent unpleasant surprises from happening in the future.
- Building, configuring PC and running a hackintosh requires certain skills, knowledge and experience. As you can see, there are so many easy-to-use tools that have been designed to make the process of building a hackintosh simple. However, it’s crucial for hackintosh builders to have an understanding of how to format files, configure BIOS and do many other important things. When building a hackintosh, you have to ensure that such components as graphics, networking, storage, Wi-Fi and USB will function properly. Obviously, the process of creating a hackintosh has to be carefully planned. It’s recommended to build a hackintosh with the components that work well on the OS X operating system. At hackintosh.expert we are always ready to help you plan everything from scratch and, most importantly, build a hackintosh system that works.
- With a hackintosh you will have no support. So, you will not be able to contact the Apple’s support team for assistance. If any problems with your computer occur, you must be prepared to solve them on your own. On the other hand, there are forums and online community that bring together a lot of people who have built their own their own Hackintosh. These people communicate and share experience with each other online. So, you can always contact other hackintosh experts to get help online. Ask them questions about troubleshooting a hackintosh and fixing various problems.
- Another important thing that you need to be aware of is that it’s illegal to create a hackintosh system. However, some folks believe that they have found the way to solve this problem. They choose to take advantage of a bootloader and install a legally-purchased copy of OS X on their PCs. But if you read the software license carefully, you’ll see that it’s allowed to install the operating system on Apple devices only.
Tips for Building a Hackintosh
The process of building a hackintosh requires a lot of planning and massive time investment. However, as the saying goes “nothing is impossible”. So, you’ll be able to accomplish your goals if you do things in the right way. Below, we’ll give you the recommendations that you need to follow in order to create a hackintosh machine.
Research and planning. It all begins with the preparation. First of all, you have to get ready for creating a hackintosh. At this stage, you have to find all the necessary information and get the answers to all of your questions about the system that you are going to create.
Luckily, there are a lot of forums and online communities available for hackintosh users these days. Among the most popular hackintosh forums and communities are: OSXLatitude, OSx86, InsanelyMac as well as tonymacx86. Actually, this list could go on and on.
There are also plenty of informational resources related to the hackintosh topic. Take some time to do research and get started only when you are well-prepared for building a hackintosh.
Selecting the hardware. Besides, you need to pick the right type of hardware for your hackintosh system. When choosing hardware for a hackintosh, you need to pay a close attention to such components as graphics card and the motherboard.
The reality is, there is no shortage of PC motherboards today. That’s the reason why some users find it difficult to make a smart choice. Apple doesn’t offer a large selection of graphic controllers. That’s why choosing a graphic card that meets your hackintosh system’s requirements is not always easy.
You must be very selective when it comes to choosing a graphic card for your hackintosh system. Give a preference to a graphic card of a well-known brand or pick the model that works. By doing so, you’ll find it easy to select the right type of a graphics card and, most importantly, be able to avoid unforeseen problems in the future.
It’s worth noting that some hackintosh users prefer to share the lists of graphic cards. And of course, you can take advantage of these lists. That’s why it’s so important to do research in advance.
On top of that, you also have to select storage, RAM and other components for your hackintosh.
Thank you so much for reading the article. We’ve just described everything you need to know about creating a hackintosh. A hackintosh is a solution for those guys who can’t afford to buy expensive Apple devices to enjoy the benefits of OS X systems.
However, the technology has its own drawbacks as well. So, it’s incredibly important for you to analyze the pros and cons of a hackintosh carefully. This will help you decide if it’s worth trying or not.
Building a hackintosh is no easy task that requires certain knowledge, skills and experience. That’s why creating a hackintosh can be a very challenging task. Plus, this process is time-consuming. So, it may take you too long to build a hackintosh particularly if you are doing this for the first time.
Nevertheless, you’ll get some experience and find it a lot easier to create the second hackintosh.
If you don’t have time to build a Hackintosh or don’t know how to do this, you can order remote Hackintosh installation from us. Our professionals are always looking forward to provide cost-effective solutions for any of your needs.